What is Ozone Therapy?
A unique integrative therapy that increases the amount of oxygen in the body through the introduction of ozone into the body. This is achieved through the process known as autohemotherapy, in which blood is drawn from a patient, infused with ozone and re-injected intravenously (directly into the vein). The effects are shown to be both healing and detoxifying with its main purpose of suppressing infection and boosting the immune system.
What is Ozone?
The form of oxygen most people are familiar with is the kind in the air we breathe. It exists as a pair of oxygen atoms and is the most stable form of oxygen, as well as colorless. Ozone, on the other hand, is a form of oxygen that is composed of three oxygen atoms. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that gives ozone its remarkable medical properties by making it a "supercharged" oxygen atom.
Benefits of Ozone Therapy
Ozone Therapy provides many powerful and healing health benefits with little or no side effects. Studies show these benefits:
• Suppresses infections by killing viruses, bacteria and yeast, especially those hard-to-treat, resistant pathogens that can be found in chronic conditions, such as Lyme disease;
• Improves circulation by enhancing the flow of your blood;
• Works as an immune modulator, meaning that is helps to keep your
immune system in top working order;
• Increases the uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme DPG (diphosphoglycerate), which helps the cells get all the oxygen they need to function properly. This aids in killing resistant, anaerobic infections and provides the cells in the area with the extra oxygen needed to heal.
• Stimulates your mitochondria, the powerhouse of your cells, increasing the cells’ energy so that your body stays healthy; and
• Enhances your body’s ability to increase its antioxidant capabilities and protection.
How Does Ozone Therapy Work?
One of the fundamental underlying causes of all degenerative diseases, from diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer, is decreased mitochondria cellular energy production. Ozone has been found to correct this issue. Ozone Therapy stimulates the uptake of oxygen by stimulating the DPG enzyme. The DPG enzyme supports the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be used by the cell. When cells get the optimal amount of oxygen and function properly, they help to prevent or inhibit disease.
What Can I Expect In An Ozone Therapy Session?
Autohemotherapy is one of the most common and effective ways Ozone Therapy is conducted. This process involves the removal of 6-12 ounces of blood via a sterilized system which is then contained in a sterilized container. Once the blood is collected, ozone is injected into the container, the container and the blood are mixed together gently, allowing the red and white blood cells to take up the ozone. The ozonated blood is then returned to the body via the sterilized delivery system. The entire process takes often less than 1 hour.
Other forms of Ozone Therapy include Ozone High Dose Therapy (OHT) or 10 Pass. This is when you are given a higher dose of ozone by way of more passes (the process of the blood being removed from the individual, mixed with ozone and reintroduced to the body).