Vitamin C IV Therapy - The Benefits
One ingredient in the Myer's Cocktail, a popular vitamin IV therapy, is vitamin C.
Vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid, is a water-soluble vitamin that is an important antioxidant and has been shown to regenerate other antioxidants within the body. Vitamin C is required by your body for the biosynthesis of collagen, an essential component of connective tissue that plays a vital role in wound healing. Vitamin C has been shown to regenerate other antioxidants within the body as well.
Vitamin C is important in preventing and treating a variety of diseases.
- Supports the immune system
- Is an anti-inflammatory and potent antioxidant
- Is required to make serotonin and other neurotransmitters
- Helps certain neurological diseases
Vitamin C IV Therapy is More Effective and
Preferred Than Pills Because:
- High dose vitamin C taken orally can give you diarrhea, nausea, abdominal cramps and other gastrointestinal problems due to the effect of unabsorbed vitamin C in the gastrointestinal tract.
- When you take vitamin C orally, only a small percentage is absorbed by the body, the rest is excreted.
- Taking large doses of vitamin C orally can raise plasma vitamin C concentrations to a maximum of 220 micromol/L, whereas a vitamin C IV can produce plasma concentrations as high as 26,000 micromol/L.
Vitamin C IV Therapy Can Effectively Treat:
- Colds & Flu â€“ can shorten recovery time and lessen symptoms
- Fatigue - can help give you an energy boost especially in combination with B Vitamins
- Wounds - can help you heal faster
- Allergies - Vitamin C has antihistamine properties
- Depression - Vitamin C helps raise neurotransmitter levels
- Certain neurological conditions
If you'd like to find out if Vitamin IV therapy can help you heal faster, get healthier, feel more energetic and are in the Tampa Bay, FL area, please contact our office. We offer a variety of beneficial Vitamin IV therapies that include the Basic Myer's Cocktail, Vitamin C, Glutathione, Selenium and our special Dr. Schlyer's Vitamin IV Cocktail. Call: 727-847-1825.